Thursday 21 August 2014

Ombre Geese Cushions

Earlier this month a dear friend had a birthday. I'm always horrible at remembering to post a pressie (or even a card!) before the day comes and goes, so this year I was determined to get in early. I'm having a bit of a love affair with flying geese at the moment so I used four blue prints and a white solid to make a couple of ombre geese cushions. As it was I ran out of zips and so the night before they needed posting I was up late sewing... so much for planning ahead! There was no time for a lovely photo shoot so these quickly snapped phone photos will have to do.

The first is a simple row of geese fading from dark to light and back again. This I quilted with closely spaced straight lines. 


The second is a kind of off-centre plus with the geese all pointing out. This one fades from dark in the centre to light at the edges. I quilted it with a diagonal grid following the edges of the flying geese. I'm not 100% sold on how the quilting turned out, but that's okay.


For the backs of the cushions I used cheerful blue prints and finished each one with a hidden zip closure. And I'm happy to say they reached their destination BEFORE my friends birthday! Hurrah!



1 comment: